Monday, July 4, 2011

Lazhou hand-pulled noodles in SM MegaMall




I took a tricycle, LRT and then MRT to get to SM MegaMall in Ortigas. Very convenient!

The main purpose is to visit "Mey-lin Lanzhou Pot & Noodle House", but another thing that interested me was Pepper Lunch.

But it was under renovation. Sayang!

MegaMall is huge. So I asked at the information counter where the Noodle House was. They showed me the directory.

"Lanzhou?" No.

"Mey-Lin?" Nope.

It was not listed.

So I looked through all the Chinese restaurants. "Pot & Noodle House?" Sounds more like it.


Sure enough, it was Lanzhou hand-pulled noodles. It is in the middle of art gallery area on the 4th floor of A-block.

Appropriate for appreciating the art of lamian.

The menu was rather Taiwan-conscious...

蚵仔麵線? 台南擔仔麵? You wouldn't get those things at mainland style noodle houses in Taiwan.


I ordered "8 Treasure Noodles (八寶炸醬麵)"

It was Taiwan style!

Very satisfactory... \(^^)/

Not the northern Chinese style that you get at Lanzhou Lamian in Binondo.

I think the main difference is that Taiwanese 豆瓣醬 is made of soy beans unlike that in mainland China that is made of 蚕豆.

So Taiwanese 炸醬 tastes sweeter, just like Japanese 八丁味曾!

Also, they seldom put dried tofu cubes in 炸醬 in China. But it is a must in Taiwan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think!