Sunday, May 1, 2022

Mainland Chinese fonts

Very mainland-China looking fonts. Signs produced in China are seen not only in Chinese restaurants in rural Japan, even here in Taiwan. I'm very sensitive to fonts. Even though they are not in simplified characters, I can tell they were designed in China. I mean, look at the shape. And look at the 物!

I've been obsessed with written scripts since young. My parents and those who know my childhood told me I was always fond of reading what was written on T-shirts, and stuff. As a child, I got mesmerized by Korean and Thai writings on banknotes. And I was very disappointed to find out after visiting a Chinese language school in Takadanobaba that they taught simplified characters.  I wanted to learn proper Chinese like the ones written on user's manuals of watches my grandmother's company was importing from Hong Kong and Taiwan!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think!